Environmental Testing Services
- Today, people are increasingly concerned about the environment. They are particularly focused on drainage and the effects of development on the climate. Brownfield site development is now encouraged, and remediation of contaminated sites enforced. Simtec has embraced these changes and offers clients a range of services in line with current expectations.
Drainage materials, soakage testing, sampling for tar content, and WAC testing are all part of the Simtec service.
Environmental Utilities Services From Simtec:
Contamination & Environmental Compliance Testing
Using Simtec’s network of specialist UKAS accredited laboratories, offering a comprehensive range of contamination and environmental compliance testing, giving clients a complete solution for all environmental testing requirements.
UKAS Accredited Testing and Analysis
Simtec provide a full range of contamination testing suites. These are accredited to UKAS and MCERTs for soils, waters, and gases through approved external laboratories.
Professional Geo-Technical Testing
This service offers factual results, as well as advice and interpretation from using a network of experienced and professional geo-environmental engineers and scientists.
Environmental testing services include:
- pH Value – BS 1377: Part 3: 1990
- Organic Matter – BS 1377: Part 3: 1990
- Water Soluble Sulphate Content – Gravimetric Method – BS 1377: Part 3: 1990
- Water Soluble Sulphate Content – Analysis by ICP based on BS 1377: Part 3: 1990
- Acid (total) Soluble Sulphate Content – Gravimetric Method – BS 1377: Part 3: 1990
- Acid (total) Soluble Sulphate Content – Analysis by ICP based on BS 1377: Part 3: 1990
- Water Soluble Sulphur – TRL 447 Test No 1
- Acid Soluble Sulphur – TRL 447 Test No 2
- Total Sulphur – TRL 447 Test No 4
- Water Soluble Chloride – BS EN 1744-1, clause 7
- Water Soluble Sulphate – BS EN 1744-1, clause 10
- Total Sulphur – BS EN 1744-1, clause 11
- Acid Soluble Sulphates – BS EN 1744-1, clause 12
- Acid Soluble Sulphides – BS EN 1744-1, clause 13
- Loss on Ignition – BS 1377: Part 3: 1990
- Loss on Ignition – BS EN 1744-1
- WAC (Waste Acceptance Criteria) testing / EWC Classification
- Asbestos ID testing (including quantification)
Quality control of utility works is becoming more important as more services are installed and repaired. Today’s road users are more critical. They are more inclined to complain to local authorities about the ride quality of the road network.
Simtec offers a range of tests and services to monitor the materials and workmanship of these projects. This reduces the need for subsequent visits to carry out remedial works.
Simtec’s testing range covers material compliance and classification, compaction control, and end-product testing.